Generic Dropper.gi.gen is a harmful Trojan horse infection, which is believed to hijack a computer system via security exploits. Once embedded within a system, Generic Dropper.gi.gen will download alternative malware, and will display pop-up advertisements.
Generic Dropper.gi.gen is a generic detection for a malicious Trojan that alters the system registry and INI files of the victim\'s computer to run on system start-up. Generic Dropper.gi.gen will then attempt to connect to a remote server to download more threats and corrupt files onto the targeted system.
Generic Dropper.gi.gen, being a Trojan horse infection will attempt to launch itself by installing a corrupt .exe file or two into the Windows system, accordingly, making way to download numerous adware infections.
Generic Dropper.gi.gen is usually spread via dubious porn websites, via file-sharing of multimedia downloads or via spam emails. The Generic Dropper.gi.gen infection is a disruptive Trojan horse threat that can steal confidential information and negatively affect the infiltrated computer’s files!
Possible Generic Dropper.gi.gen Trojan horse infection warning signs:
* Modified browser homepage settings and search results
* Hijacked Windows desktop wallpaper and strange desktop shortcuts and icons * Abnormal Generic Dropper.gi.gen files in Windows task manager system processes, tower speaker error bleeping sound
* Generic Dropper.gi.gen reactivates itself after been deleted manually, extremely difficult to get rid of
* Legal registry keys, dlls and system files missing, causing \"Blue Screen Of Death\" error
* Abnormal bandwidth use, slow Internet browser and Windows system
* Pop-up blocker unable to block annoying porn and gambling related bulk pop-ups
What Generic Dropper.gi.gen will do when embedded within a computer is as follows:
* Records browsing habits, monitors Windows system activity to generates equivalent pop-ups
* Bypasses security tools and forwards credit card, usernames, passwords and other private information to outside hackers
* Generic Dropper.gi.gen downloads and installs diverse malicious programs via Windows and browser security loopholes
Generic Dropper.gi.gen E has also been seen to display the following behavior:
* Adds a Registry Key (RUN) to auto start Programs on system start up
* Registers a Dynamic Link Library File
* Executes a Process
* This Process Deletes Other Processes from Disk
All in all one can see that Generic Dropper.gi.gen is not a helpful tool, and will probably only downgrade the integrity and performance of a computer system, therefore it is advise to simply remove this infection and all its affiliated components, as soon as Generic Dropper.gi.gen has been detected.