Widgi Toolbar is malware designed with the sole purpose of compromising the integrity of any system is has infiltrated.
Widgi Toolbar, is further classified as a Browser Helper Object and it registers itself as a toolbar named WidgiToolbarIE. Being a typical virus infection tends to infiltrate a system via security or browser exploits and is usually unseen once in the system.
According to studies and research carried on to find out more about this particular parasite, it was found that Widgi Toolbar may display the following characteristics:
- Widgi Toolbar is capable of extorting information such personal financial data (credit card numbers, online banking login details), user profiles, software registration keys, and passwords – from the infected system.
- Widgi Toolbar may attempt to compromise security settings/rules of security products by emulating mouse clicks on the dialog windows.
(For example, when a security product pops up a dialog box asking for user permission to block suspicious activity, a threat may click Allow button to enable its malicious payload.)
- Widgi Toolbar may host file modification that may block access to the security web sites.
- Widgi Toolbar might download/request other malicious files from Internet.
- Widgi Toolbar could create a start-up registry entry.
Widgi Toolbar may also contain the following additional characteristics:
* Creates a hidden window which can be used to run other programs without your knowledge
In light of the above, one can safely assume that upon installation, Widgi Toolbar will carry out its harmful functionality, and will only compromise the system it has infiltrated.
Widgi Toolbar may work in conjunction with various other malware applications.
To avoid any unneeded risks of damage to your computer system, it is highly recommended to utilize a reliable and legitimate anti-spyware application, to remove Widgi Toolbar and all its components from the infected computer system.