- Installs itself without permissions
- Connects to the internet without permission
- Shows commercial adverts
- Strange toolbar installed without Your permission
- Slow internet connection
- Cant change my homepage
- Annoying Pop-up's
- Slow Computer
Certified Toolbar is a malicious browser add-on that often is categorized as a browser hijacker. This is because the application can cause highly unacceptable, unauthorized browser dysfunctions and setting modifications. Therefore, even though the toolbar may be passed as a legitimate and harmless browser plugin by your system’s security tools, you should remove Certified Toolbar as soon as possible because it does not deserve your trust. The following information will help you understand the threats that the malicious application could bring upon your operating system and will advise you on how to have the toolbar deleted.
Whether you have installed Certified Toolbar via certified-toolbar.com or it has reached your computer via bundled downloads, you need to understand that this application is responsible for initiating suspicious actions. The browser add-on can tamper with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers and is capable of modifying your homepage, spying on your browsing activities, redirecting your web searches and filtering search results. This indicates that the toolbar is supported by web sources that pay money to be promoted and advertised. Needless to say, there is a chance that the toolbar could be used to promote cyber criminals’ products or services. If Certified Toolbar is running within your browser, one click on a misleading online advertisement could allow schemers to infect your PC with malware. What is more, these fictitious ads could even lure you into giving up your money.
If you can remove Certified Toolbar manually, do so without waiting any longer; however, understand that this cyber criminals’ tool could have already been used to infect your PC with more malicious programs. Hence, trusting automatic Certified Toolbar removal tool is the best idea, and we recommend installing SpyHunter. This application will inspect the computer fro free, remove all existing infections and will guard your digital data for time to come.
Manual removal instructions
1. Navigate to the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click on the minimized metro icon that shows up. If you do not see this, make sure you are in the very corner of the screen.
Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1. Open the Start menu icon which can be found on the left of the Task Bar.
1. Click on the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
1. Launch the browser and tap Alt+X to access the Tools menu. If you run IE8, simply click on Tools on the right side of the page.
1. Launch the browser and hit Ctrl+Shift+A to access Add-ons Manager.
1. Launch your Google Chrome browser and tap Alt+F to open a menu.
How to manually remove Certified Toolbar
Files associated with Certified Toolbar infection:
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ejdabpabkmacjiiooccecnpakonoibah
Certified Toolbar DLL's to remove:
Remove Certified Toolbar registry entries: